Heaven sign at Detroit

Return to Message Board

Has anyone ever seen a sign that says "Heaven" in the Detroit or Breitenbush area? My father saw it several years ago, he said it had an arrow and pointed up the mountain. It may have been a handmade sign. He said it was the most beautiful place he had ever seen and this is where he wanted his ashes spread when he died. My dad passed away last fall and I didn't get the chance to get more details or directions. we hiked around Breitenbush a little last year before it snowed but couldn't find this place. we are ready to start looking again. I have made lots of calls and talked to many people but notrailsnw body could remember the exact location. If anyone has seen this area and can help us I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

I'm sorry, I wish I could help you out. My first hunch when reading your description is that it might be around Tumble Lake, west of Detroit. From what i've heard, its quite beautiful up there, but I really don't know. There are so many beautiful areas around there!