Enchantments

Return to Message Board

We are heading off to the Enchantments on Sunday.  First night will be at Stuart Lake and then the following 3 nights in the Core Area.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where to camp?  Places to see? 

The trip is a Dads and Daughters hike and I want to make sure we all have a great time.

Thanks to anyone with some insight or ideas! 

Hey Forrest,

This hike, you need to set the date and just go.  Crystal blue lakes with granite mountains on all sides.  We got a Core Permit (however, had to put our name in the lottery in March(?) and took a side trip to Stuart Lake for a 4 day hike.

Cheers.

Eric 
erlall
Sounds like a great trip--it's nice that your daughters are into the backpacking thing .  That area has always been on my 'to-hike' list, just haven't made it out there yet.
Forrest
[QUOTE user='erlall']We are heading off to the Enchantments on Sunday.  First night will be at Stuart Lake and then the following 3 nights in the Core Area.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where to camp?  Places to see? 

The trip is a Dads and Daughters hike and I want to make sure we all have a great time.

Thanks to anyone with some insight or ideas! [/QUOTE]

**We went and had a wonderful time!  If anyone ever heads out there and wants some insight on where to stay or what to see - let me know.

Happy Trails to everyone!

erlall