Lake enchantment permit!

Return to Message Board

I got the core enchantment permit for june! a week of hiking and bouldering here i come!

no issues.  all I will have to do is add your name and info as the group leader and me as the secondary contact....and of course reinburse me for the cost of the permit.

other than that, you still owe me a beer......
erlall
Hi Eric,

Thanks for doing the research.  So, there are no issues with transfering the permit to my group?  I'm going to contact the members of my group and then I'll call you.  Thanks again.

Adam
Adam
ice axe and crampons... its gonna be fun! we were thinking light cramps and trekking poles.

hahah well good thing the group i am going with has become pretty good in the snow!

i've looked at a trip report in 2008 (a similar snow pack year) in the end-ish of june and the pics showed a lot of snow, but they had some pics alot of dry bare area too.

I got the core pass so ill camp where i want!

hammock and tarp camping FTW!
rexryman
Hi Adam,

I just hung-up with Recreation.gov and the permit people.   I have the permit reserved for up to 7 people.  The total cost is $181 for up to 7 people + $6 application fee and $4 for a beer.  The total cost can come down if your group will not include that many people or it will increase slightly if you want to max out the permit to 8 individuals.  There is a $10 fee to change the number of people up to 15 before the entrance date.   The date we have to offer you is in the Colchuck Zone for the 15th of September and exiting on the 19th of September.

Eric
erlall
Eric,  Did you find out if it would be an issue?  If not, I was going to call on Monday.

Adam
Fortunately, hunting is later in the month....and I do not believe it is open in that area.  Also, in September, a good portion of the bugs are gone! 

Thanks joanofarc for your insight.  I figured as much - they should not care who leads.
erlall
Guys, we had to do this as well one year...  they are good about it if you just call...  I will tell you that we have always arrived after the ranger station closes - you have to call them and they leave it in a bin for you...  one year we left it for someone else.  I dont know if they care if you switch trip leaders - what they do want to know if is if your group size INCREASES - they wont allow it.  So the responsible thing is to not add people to the permit - a call in to them is nice.  Also if you are going in September - ask when HUNTING season starts - people with guns always worry me (maybe I went in OCT one year...).... 

For those of you going before the end of July, CRAMPONS and ICE AXEs are in order - we got a lot of snow this year - we went end of July 2 or 3 years ago and it had just melted out... barely.
joanofarc
Well, let me know what you find out.  It wouldbe a shame to let a permit go to waste.

Adam
Adam
[QUOTE user='Adam']This is the information on how the Permits are issued.  It sounds like if your name(s) of the people in your group aren't registered by April 12, your reservation is void.

"You must then confirm a reservation before April 12.  Awarded reservations that are not confirmed by April 12 will be voided, and the unclaimed permit quota will be put into a pool for direct purchase of permits, as described below.

When you confirm your reservation, you will need to specify your group size (maximum of eight) and the names of group members.  Payment of the $5/person/day permit fee is required to confirm your reservation.  This use fee finances on the ground administration of the Enchantment Permit area.

Actual permits are not mailed and are not given out in advance; you must pick up your permit in person at the Wenatchee River Ranger Station.  You may pick up your permit from 2:00 PM to 4:15 PM on the afternoon before your trip or from 7:45 AM to 9:00 AM on the day your trip starts.  Permits are no longer available after hours from the box at the front door of the Ranger Station."

[/QUOTE]

Hum.... well I can tell you the permits have been confirmed.  Not sure what to say about having to pick-up the permit in person.  Wonder if I could call the Ranger Station and tell them what we are planning.  That I cannot be there and you are getting the permit for the group.  Worst case scenario they say, "No" and no harm - no foul (for at least we will know now rather than later).  Best case, they agree and away you go.  

I will give it a shot and let you know what comes of it. 
erlall
This is the information on how the Permits are issued.  It sounds like if your name(s) of the people in your group aren't registered by April 12, your reservation is void.

"You must then confirm a reservation before April 12.  Awarded reservations that are not confirmed by April 12 will be voided, and the unclaimed permit quota will be put into a pool for direct purchase of permits, as described below.

When you confirm your reservation, you will need to specify your group size (maximum of eight) and the names of group members.  Payment of the $5/person/day permit fee is required to confirm your reservation.  This use fee finances on the ground administration of the Enchantment Permit area.

Actual permits are not mailed and are not given out in advance; you must pick up your permit in person at the Wenatchee River Ranger Station.  You may pick up your permit from 2:00 PM to 4:15 PM on the afternoon before your trip or from 7:45 AM to 9:00 AM on the day your trip starts.  Permits are no longer available after hours from the box at the front door of the Ranger Station."

Adam
I am definitely interested.  How does that work inreagards to information on the permit?  Aren't they specific to you and the people in your party?  I was going to send you an email with my info, through this site, but I don't think there is anyway to PM on this site.  I hate putting my email out on an open forum.
Adam
[QUOTE user='Adam'][QUOTE user='erlall'][QUOTE user='Adam']Lucky ducks!  I was denied.[/QUOTE]

actually I got two permits - both in September.  I will probably not use them both.  I would be happy to sell you one for $10 (I paid $6 for the permit and I will charge you $4 for a beer).

Let me know if you are interested.

Eric
[/QUOTE]

How many is it for?
What zone?
What dates in September?

Thanks, Adam[/QUOTE]

One is for September 8-12th (Core Zone) and the other is from the 15-19th (Colchuck Zone) .  8 people is the max group.  Both zones are right next to each other, so it did not really matter to me which zone I got as I can take day hikes to all the zones....

I will let you know which permit/dates I will use and which one I will offer up, but I will not know that until the middle of August.  Hope that works for you.

Cheers. 
erlall
For some reason the post didn't update.

Eric, I am interested in the enchantments permit.

What zone is it for?
What dates?
How many persons?

Thanks, Adam
Adam
[QUOTE user='Adam']Lucky ducks!  I was denied.[/QUOTE]

actually I got two permits - both in September.  I will probably not use them both.  I would be happy to sell you one for $10 (I paid $6 for the permit and I will charge you $4 for a beer).

Let me know if you are interested.

Eric
Adam
Lucky ducks!  I was denied.
Adam
Sounds spectacular! 
Forrest
right on!  I got one for September.  After you come back, post some places we should check out while we are there.

Cheers.
erlall