Olympics Traverse

Return to Message Board

The north-south traverse of the Olympics looks pretty easy, has anyone done an east-west traverse? What route did you take, and how long did it take?

I was reading this post and trying to figure out where I had read of something like this. Here is the link to some guys who traversed the the Olympics, but used fewer trails to do it: http://outside.away.com/outside/culture/200811/traversing-olympic-peninsula-washington-1.html
stephen
Yeah, I think it would be a good adventure. I haven't heard of too many people trying this.
bkarge
I've always thought this would be a cool trip as well, but so far I haven't done it. I would start at the Dosewallips and hike up to Lost Pass, drop over to Cameron Creek and the walk through the Grand Valley and across to Hurricane Ridge. After grabbing a bite to eat at Hurricane Ridge, I would drop down to the Elwha, hike up Boulder Creek and connect up with the Hoh or Bogachiel to finish the trip. I think this would be a better trip than the north-south trip, since there would be a lot more ridge walking and passes where views could be great.